Oh MAN there are a lot of things I haven’t done (that I love doing) in over a year! Mostly due to my mommy status but also because I’m living in a foreign country and still don’t have the confidence to get around and get out there like I do when I’m home. Ok top 10:
1. Go to a concert-I love live music and really there are a lots of music genres that are kid friendly enough to take the whole family. I can totally do this, I just need to find the music…and get a driver’s licence. Which brings me to number two…
2. Drive-I used to love driving. I would go for long drives to the lake, mountains, or just around town. Here in Italy, I don’t drive. I never learned to drive a stick-shift and learning in this crazy environment has proven pretty difficult for me. Automatics are just not that common here. In fact, I have yet to see one although I’m told they exist. Italians are crazy drivers, very aggressive and uncaring of how the laws state you should actually drive. The more time that goes by, the harder it will be for me. As it is, more than 2 years have passed and I’ve only taken a short trip around the block. In America I drove across states, through blizzards, deserts, mountains, everything. Here I have a hard time turning left. Pfft.
3. Eat Indian food-Italian food is great but when it’s all there is, you get used to it. In the bigger Italian cities like Rome, for example, you can find all kinds of awesome ethnic fare but here in Pescara, it’s just not happening. Indian food is a favorite of mine and I miss it quite a bit.
4. Fit into my size 6 jeans-I WILL get into you jeans, Oh yes, I will wear you again!
5. Drink a mojito on a sweltering Italian Summer evening-How I skipped this last Summer is impossible for me to answer. I was just too busy coraling my youngster I guess. I’ll just have to have a double this time 😉
6. Ride on a boat-It’s been AGES since I was on boat. The last time was in the Summer of 2006. I have a thing for bodies of water so of course floating on one is a great way for me to spend a day….or 10
7. Go fishing-it’s not really the fishing part I like so much, although I’m a GREAT fisher(wo)man, but more the whole day spent outside with a picnic lunch and drinks in a cooler, ahhhhhhhhh
8. Fly-I actually hate flying, I just like going places. I need a vacation!
9. Drink a proper chocolate malt milkshake-mmmmmmmm milk shake. Pfffft what do Italians know about milkshakes?? Nothing! That’s what!
10. Sleep in-Wait….What is that? Did I just type that?? I think I know that term but I’m not real sure……